There are currently 1 position(s) available.
Reports To: Executive Director
Term: Ongoing, 20 hrs. per week
Compensation: Commiserate with experience
The Event Coordinator is responsible for planning, promoting, and managing special fundraising events and community social events for the Utah Pride Center. The Event Coordinator will work with Utah Pride Center staff and event committees to assist in planning and promoting events for the Utah Pride Center; including, but not limited to, Annual Golf Classic, Halloween Party, the Prom You Never Had, and various community engagement social events. The Event Coordinator will also manage room rentals and scheduling of the building.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish logistics for events
- Negotiate contracts with performers and vendors, as needed
- Contact vendors as needed to move event logistics forward
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteer event committees, including member recruitment, sub-committee assignments and administrative support
- Work with committees and/or key volunteers to move tasks forward
- Schedule, manage, and attend planning committee meetings
- Organize and purchase supplies for event
- Manage day-of event logistics including set up and clean up
- Manage volunteers in conjunction with Volunteer Coordinator
- Cultivate and manage new and existing sponsorships for events
- Ensure the accurate tracking and processing of all event revenues and expenses
- Solicit funds through direct asks, sponsorships and grant writing
- Promote opportunities for donors and partners to engage with the Utah Pride Center’s programs and events
- Support the publication and distribution of event communication materials (e-newsletters, printed collateral, Facebook and website postings)
- Coordinate requests for outreach and public speaking event promotion as needed
- Create post event mailings, as needed (thank you cards, sponsorship benefits)
- College and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum two+ years experience in professional work environment with preference given to work or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector, particularly development and special events.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with internal colleagues and external constituents, donors, prospects, and VIP’s.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of LGBTQ communities and issues; high sense of responsibility and commitment UPC mission
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with co-workers; demonstrated initiative and self-motivation.
- Computer literacy required (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently at times but also collaboratively with event planning committees
- Previous event planning experience required
- Raiser’s Edge experience helpful, but not required
Supervision: Utah Pride Center seeks a candidate who is inquisitive, innovative, strategic, solution-oriented, collaborative and inspired by UPC’s mission, vision and values.
The Utah Pride Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and a community-based organization that provides support, education, outreach and advocacy for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer individuals and their allies, through programs, services and resources. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.