There are currently 2 position(s) available.
Events and Stewardship Manager
The Utah Pride Center is searching for a driven, up-beat, passionate, and vivacious Events and Stewardship Manager to take the Utah Pride Center to the next level! The Events & Stewardship Manager is responsible for building the capacity of the Utah Pride Center through events, outreach, and communications and fundraising efforts. The goal of the Events and Stewardship Manager is to increase the awareness, involvement, and impact of the Utah Pride Center’s programs and services in Utah. The next Events & Stewardship manager will develop and execute fundraising events of all sizes and will be responsible for maintaining and cultivating the Center’s portfolio of philanthropic supporters. This position could be housed in the Utah Pride Center’s Salt Lake office.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership, creativity and innovation and thrive while working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment. Our mission is to be a catalyst for building and celebrating the strength, equality, dignity and self-determination of the LGBTQ community throughout Utah. We are committed to excellence in execution and the continuing improvement of all programs, services, education and advocacy. We value and support individuals, families, and allies and building partnerships across communities.
- Previous Work Experience: 3-5 years of events, marketing, fundraising experience, Non-profit experience highly preferred.
- Education Requirements: College degree required, ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, fund development, non-profit management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, production and administration of fundraising events.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and managing fundraising campaigns (workplace giving, annual, etc.)
- Computer Proficiencies: Ability to use a computer in order to effectively perform job duties including word processing, graphic design, research, and budgeting. Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and ability to work within various databases and familiarity in working with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Drupel and Vertical Response.
- Demonstrated experience in both designing and writing copy for marketing materials used for a variety of audiences.
General Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain information to diverse groups
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work enthusiastically within constantly changing priorities.
- Competent in learning and adapting to various software and database programs.
- Positive attitude and high energy toward change; it is essential to maintain clear, open and honest communication with Development Director, CEO, Board of Directors, staff, vendors and donors.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the Utah Pride Center and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to promote an open, honest, inclusive, enjoyable work environment.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and communications skills and be sensitive, adaptable, and professional and articulate when dealing with others.
- Ability to attend trainings, meetings and events as required even if scheduled outside normal working or regular scheduled hours.
Ability to successfully pass a background check, provide proof of immunizations, and provide/pass a minimum of three professional references.
The Utah Pride Center is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.
- Develop the Center’s programming and ensure it meets the vision, mission and long range goals of the Center.
- Create and maintain a working partnership with the Board of Directors on strategic planning, policy development, human resources oversight, fund development, and financial management.
- Value a collaborative work environment and demonstrates strong team building acumen.
- Ensure a safe and inclusive space for all community members, partners, stakeholders, volunteers, clients, visitors, employees, and board members.
- Oversee implementation of the strategic plan and long-term trajectory.
- Deliver clear and concise instructions to supervised staff and follow guidelines and employee regulations.
- Serve as the chief liaison with other community organizations, government agencies, private funders and key constituent groups for strategic planning and fund development.
Fundraising and Development
- Oversee implementation of the strategic plan and long-term trajectory.
- Represent the Center and promote its mission and vision within the community at large.
- Conduct fundraising and development, including creating fundraising campaigns and a donor cultivation program.
- Work with local and national organizations serving the LGBTQ population.
- Serve as the continuing and consistent face of the fund development efforts in conjunction with Board efforts.
- Prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals.
- Support the solicitation of corporate gifts in partnership with Board of Directors.
- Analyze and implement earned income strategies.
- Ensure donor and funder acknowledgment at all levels.
- Work with Board to request in-kind donations and other resources for the organization.
- Ensure adherence to the Center’s financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver a Center update and financial report at Board meetings.
- Develop and monitor Center budgets and ensure all expenditures have proper approval.
- Provide for proper fiscal record-keeping, reporting, and auditing.
- Submit financial reports or statements to the Board of Directors as appropriate or as required.
- Ensure compliance with funding sources and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a work environment that attracts, retains and motivates a high quality staff.
- Multi-task complex projects in stressful situations.
- Implement Board-approved policies and suggests new policies and processes to the Board.
- Ensure proper and legal hiring and termination procedures; ensure supervision and evaluation of all staff and volunteers.
- Oversee Community Counseling and Wellness Program and other existing programming.
- Select and manage staff; ensure that job descriptions are developed, performance evaluations are held, and sound human resources practices are in place.
- Manage and facilitate timely disciplinary action when required.
- Evaluate the success of programming and make changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate the work of Center staff and volunteers to ensure Center activities are successful.
- Master’s Degree in business management, social sciences, or related fields preferred. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, prior experience in a similar role for a nonprofit may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive knowledge of LGBTQ programs and issues impacting the community.
- Minimum five years of experience working in a nonprofit organization with a Board of Directors.
- Prior experience as an Executive Director or similar leadership role.
- Substantial working knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management, including fund accounting, government grants, and budgeting.
- Proven experience in the raising of private, public, and foundational capital.
- Experience working with a diverse community and building strong cultures within organizations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking and interpersonal relations.
- Working understanding and ability to effectively articulate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of intersecting identities.
- Established strategic planning.
- Solid financial skills and GAAP understanding.
The Utah Pride Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and a community-based organization that provides support, education, outreach and advocacy for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer individuals and their allies, through programs, services and resources. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.